Sunday, July 5, 2009

Day one from Cole

Well, as Kristen mentioned, landing at Nice is an experience in and of itself. I'm going to attempt to post two videos of the landing, once in WMV, and once in OGG. If you don't know which of those to use, try the first one, it should work no matter what. If you know what OGG is, then you can try that one and let me know how it streams. But bear in mind that I am very bad at making movies on the fly, with no preparation, and I cannot hold the camera still, so that is something to consider. Also, the audio is really distorted, so I don't know if it's the camera or what, but it sounds bad all the way around... BTW, five minutes in is the money shot.
WMV
OGG

And to top it off, here are some photos from the Nice airport, showing the English and the French...

Ok, so it's only one picture, I was trying. I actually didn't take as many pictures at that airport, if only because it seeemed like there was so little to see there. It's a lovely airport, but it's tiny and that's about all there is to it.

Dinner was nice, here's a picture of it. It was a very nice chicken and (I say turkey, Andrew says pork) in a bed of vegetables (baby corn, asparagus and potatoes). It had some tomatoes with cheese (very good), some other cheeses (on the side), some fresh fruit, some bread and some oil/vinegar with herbs. All in all, very very yummy.

There appeared to be an alternate meal available, and there was a variety of deserts, but for me, this was more than enough.

Ok, so I'm going to jot a note now about what I could really use now, and what I left at home:
I left my neck pillow for the airplane, and my puzzle books. I could use a small fan. If you're going to be in the Mediterranean in the future, and you're from the South-ern United States, bring a fan. And I probably should have brought an alarm clock, but c'est la vie. (No, I already knew that one :-p )

While I have more photos and the like, I think this is enough for now. The server doesn't like my 50MB worth of videos, so I'll stop while I'm ahead. Look for more first day thoughts in my next post :D

No comments:

Post a Comment