Tuesday, July 7, 2009

An improptu trip to Antibes

Ok, so first I think I am obligated to say that Antibes has a silent "s", since that was said to me repeatedly ;) - on top of that, the gang doesn't like my game of "loud obnoxious american who speaks Spanish poorly while in France" but we had fun with it, and the locals laughed, so that was fun. And yes, I did it, but I made it obvious I was doing it (this is for the ones who know me stateside and are holding their heads saying ... "Cole, what were you thinking, no you didn't"). Seriously, I barely speak English well, so ... do what you do, I'll just be me. :-D

Now, on with the trip. It started as we had an early release for the day. We decided to goto Antibes, and have dinner! We started by the student housing at Isaac Newton House, walked over the hills and got confused (well, I kept saying follow me, but they wanted to look around) and finally got to the bus stop, and waited for like 25 minutes. Here's some photos :D


This was NOT our bus!
:-(



So we waited (and this was where I played my "game") - hey, if you can't have fun, what can you have?



This was the bus ride -
Loving the Pink Andrew!


LET US OFF!!!

I loved this candid I snapped


Then we finally made it to the town, which was nice, and I didn't take near enough photos...
Apparently Malina can't count, she thought this was over 50Euro, and we just had to do a doubletake...



Here's what the street in the old-town we ended up going down looked like:

So, on a side alley we found a little cafe (and we didn't take a picture, oh no!) and we grabbed a little booth, very nice. So here's our dinner photos (with select captions from yours truly):
What to eat?

A special?

Well, we ordered, so let's munch on some bread...

Andrew wants to know how it tastes

Oh no, Cole's already making jokes ... this is terrible, stop Cole! sudo stop Cole!

Kristen was quite tired of the sudo jokes early on, so we gave her a hard time about not being part of the "in-crowd", which ensured more hilarity. Geeks, discuss in the comments, sudo jokes funny all the time, or do they eventually stop being funny?

Yay, the food arrives! (hey, we were there for the experience, who minds waiting for excellent food?) Somebody's gonna need a wheelbarrow after this!

Kristen got this awesome kebab plate:




Cole and Malina managed to order the same thing ;)
Yes, it was VERY good. Yum!


Andrew ordered French fries - doh!



Dinner was GREAT! Now for desert!

And to wrap up the evening, we went to the beach, and saw the old city walls. Unfortunately, our cameras weren't liking taking pictures at night, reference this photo of the fort for what we were doing wrong. We'll figure it out, we have two weeks to visit again! :D

4 comments:

  1. It was a great adventure, nice documentation :-)

    I meant to order turkey in a creme sause but i ended up getting chicken in a creme sause with french fries, but it was still really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sudo jokes never lose their humor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "We started by the student housing at Isaac Newton House, walked over the hills and got confused (well, I kept saying follow me, but they wanted to look around)..."

    Bit of revisionist history, dontchya think? As I recall, you insisted we get on the bus going the wrong way! But you did know the general location of the bus stop...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, ya know what they say about the writers of history, right? Butchers become barbers, and babies were never born.

    But yeah, I did want to take the wrong bus. That's why my plan was to _ask the driver_. Which I did. :P

    tehe

    ReplyDelete