Saturday, July 11, 2009

Saturday at the base camp

Ok, so Saturday was a split day, where we went to lecture/practical in the AM, and we went to Nice in the evening. Let's start with the lecture/practical now, and I'll do the trip to Nice after a break. And yeah, I started with a pic of me, it's my blog post ;)

From my point of view, as a grid virgin, I thought that the presentation that Michael gave really coalesced everything into understanding, so I give kudos to him. Though it could be that I've just been listening to it for a week so it finally kicked in...

So anyways, Saturday was about ARC, which was previously NordicGrid, IIRC, and this was mostly a catch-up to the ones who are familiar with what has been happening with ARC, and how they are trying to get to a 1.0 release. This is an incomplete toolkit, but from what I've seen, of the middlewares, it seems to be the closest to my way of thinking of the EC toolkits. (I'm still partial to Condor for some reason, but I digress by mentioning Condor here)

And of course, after the lecture, nearly everyone was ready to goto Nice. - So let's talk about Nice. What's to say? We all went in different directions. The guys in my group went to the beach, the girls that I talked to went shopping. Later we all met at the restaurant for dinner. Now we have pics.

Haha, now you've got three men at the beach, so I'm not doing anymore beach pics here. C'mon, this is a family affair, no? Anyways, the beach was fun, dinner was better, and I'll be uploading those with the actual picture archives we're assembling later. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment