Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Teusday - Were YOU paying attention?

So Tuesday was the day we went to the beach for fireworks, but before that, we had lectures and lessons. We learned about GridSAM, and many of the other technologies coming from OMII, in the UK. I really like this tech, and am interested to deploy it on a test grid, so I can learn for myself.

Some of the highlights I took away for myself include (as I understand them):
Common-VFS hooks, so for the user it's seamless, and
Workflow support, and
Common support for all the major middlewares and submission engines.

I don't want to detract from GridSAM, it's just that by this point in the school, we were all a little overwhelmed in what we were learning.

So, look, everyone just wants to see pictures, these are the pictures! "The Bastille Day fireworks show", as I understand it, although I'm sure someone will correct me. These are what I think were fairly representative of the ones I took, but others took some much better shots, so you'll just have to check with them and around to see what there was. I'll also mention that this show was one of the shorter I've seen in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment