Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Day two from Cole

This morning's lectures were nice, fairly informative, and had a bit of background on both schedulers and Unicore, with the emphasis on Unicore. The presentations were given by a group from Jülich-FZ. They shared the beginnings of Unicore and the present work being done in their group, and in several derivative groups. The ISSGC09 Unicore info was given to us for the practicals in the afternoon. After a few difficulties, we finally got up and running, and I am mightily impressed by the Client UI features.

This is definitely a tech to watch, and I am curious to play with it myself and run some tests.

As I'm writing this, we've only really created a few workflows yet, but so far, I'm liking it!

So, onto what is becoming my "SOP", how about a few pictures?

From the lectures in the AM, in order, we have Mathilde Rothemburg, Rebecca Breu, Bastian Demuth all from the same group.

For the practicals, it was J. M. Daivandy with Rebecca Breu, but for all my tries, I could not get him when he was facing me and nobody was in my way with a camera, so candid-camera-activate FAIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment